Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Fat Lady Sorry, but You need to stay in there...

AHHH Succos... My favorite of all the many beautiful holidays!
There is something wonderful about the pressure and seriousness of Rosh Hashana & Yom Kippur melting away and going straight into the warmth and joy of the Succah.


Now here's the thing with me and Yom Tov... I am a FOODY!!! I just love food all food any food. Give me salty, sweet or spicy I don't discriminate. SO when you have this wonderful time of Yom Tov back to back to back to back to back I could eat and eat and eat and eat. The problem is that when you are trying to fit into your pre pregnancy clothes and your body still has that round I'm not pregnant, but have a newborn look to it Yom Tov is not your friend.
Those of you who have had children before know what I speak of.
For those of you who have not had children I'm sorry to tell you, but after that cute baby bump is gone your stomach goes down but it still has a nice round I just had a baby shape to it.

Getting back to the issue of Yom Tov and all that food that I love OH so much. Weight watchers says nothing taste as good as skinny feels, while that maybe true for some Weight watchers has never eaten at my mother's house.
There is just so much to choose from starting with challah and ending with dessert. MMMM my palate salivates just thinking of it.
Hey I warned you I was a foody!

You know the people who finish a meal and say, "uch who could eat again now" I feel like saying, " OO OO I know me ME pick me, I can!"
On Yom Tov all the flavors of different friends and family blend into one and I just can't get enough.
My Grandfather use to watch me eat in amazement, I'd be eating long after everyone else was done and he'd say, " I know there is a fat lady in there just dying to come out." (That was my pre children body that never weighed more than 125 lbs)

All that being said the reality is my newborn won't be a newborn for long, but those Yom Tov pounds really know how to stick around. So I will try to behave I will try to remember that skinny may not feel as good as my mother's food tastes, but pre children body definitely rocks the post pardum bump :-)

Let's all enjoy the warmth, love and joy of the Succah.
Taste a bit of all that Yom Tov yumminess, but keep in mind the fat lady only stays inside so long :-)

2 comments:

  1. WERD... So true. But if I know you, you'll be back in shape in no time!
    Love reading this! Keep them coming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! My fat lady is fighting the good fight!

    ReplyDelete