Tuesday, February 14, 2012

The Motherhood Roller coaster

Having Small Children is physically draining! It's a fact that is unavoidable, we don't sleep enough, don't get out enough, don't sit enough. Its part of the ride unfortunately we also don't appreciate it enough!

We don't ponder how quickly this time goes or stop often enough to revel in it.
I myself find it very difficult to focus on how wonderful this small period of small children really is.

So when My son brought me my present of the day ( a red rhinestone he told me is a diamond) I forced myself to stop and take it in.
The right now of it all and remind myself that as tiring as it is right now this is my turn.
One day, even though at 4 he claims he isn't getting married. It will be somebody else's turn.
Someone else's turn to care for him, ease his fears, know all his likes and dislikes and make him happy.

It's the roller coaster of Motherhood as you wait on line you feel you will never get there, but once you're on the ride it's fast ups and downs and next thing you know you're off the roller coaster looking over your shoulder at the people behind you waiting in line...

1 comment:

  1. You made me cry.... I'm living both ends of that roller oaster!!!

    ReplyDelete